Wednesday, February 25, 2009

About the Oscars...

I think this years Oscars were super boring red carpet-wise. Almost none of the dresses surprised or even moved me in any way. Many of the dresses lacked inspiration and also colour , and many of the stars had almost identical white/sequin dress (and even though I love sequins I don't love them that much).

However, some were better than the rest:

My absolute favourite, Natalie Portman in pink Rodarte dress
Marion Cotillard in Dior Penelope Cruz in vintage Balmain (bonus points for vintage) Marisa Tomei in Versace

Which couple shined more? my vote goes to Jennifer Aniston and John Mayer, I haven't seen Jennifer that happy in a long time! Angelina and Brad looked fabulous too, but I can't help but think that Angelina is cold and reserved... sorry!

I was more fascinated by the jewelery and accessories of the stars, but couln't find good pictures of them. Maybe next year will be more interesting!

Kate in YSL by Stefano Pilati

Oh and I want to say I'm so happy for Kate Winslet! She is so talented and beautiful, and one of my favourite actresses. She really deserved the Oscar. xx

8 comments:

jennifer said...

Yay! Jennifer Aniston looked amazing. Loving Natalie Portman too.

Unknown said...

I didn't know that pink dress was Rodarte! I don't think I've ever seen Natalie in pink but still i thought the dress was very sweet. All the ladies in white looked like Christmas tree fairy toppers!

stephanie said...

Love Kate Winslet! YSL is always a good choice. I also loved Anne Hatheways's red carpet Armani Privé number and Jennifer Aniston looked beautiful- There is def. a happy-go-lucky youth about her: I feel like after her marriage failed she's learned not to take life so seriously. Her braid was amazing on her and I agree- haven't seen her look that good in ages.
I can't stand Angelina (and consequently Brad) I hate that people swoon all over them, sucking up 24.7- they are so arrogant.

Want that Matthew Williamson dress below!!!!

xx

T said...

I love Jennifer Aniston's dress!

Lexie said...

i thought that marisa tomei looked gorgeous and avant-garde. i wanted her to win!

muchlove said...

Yes! My vote goes to Jen too. I think she looked stunning in her dress, and very cute snuggling up to her man.
I think I loved Penelope Cruz's dress the most. Simply divine!

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

i'm so glad kate got the oscar she deserves! she's from the the same city in uk where i'm from so i love her even more! ;)

natalie is stunning, absolutely adores her!

Baybay Mama said...

I am so glad Kate won as well. She is so talented...Natalie Portman was my favorite dress too:)